Phase 1 Unit – Otwock
The BioVirtus Research Site is located at a 2000 sq.m fully equipped modern clinical facility adapted to conduct early-phase clinical trials with the assurance of the highest standards for subjects’ safety protection.
BioVirtus medical and subjects’ rooms are equipped with the devices and tools necessary to perform highly specialized phase I studies.
The site is comprised of the following units, among others:
- emergency care unit with 6 beds
- 15 subjects’ rooms with up to 45 beds
- in-house laboratory
- blood sampling room
- ECG / spirometry room
- clinical pharmacy
- outpatient clinic with 6 physician’s rooms, X-ray room, ECG room
and blood sampling room (designated for the screening procedures
and the ambulatory visits)
- recreational area for subjects.
BioVirtus provides excellent subject housing and social conditions: spacious 3 and 4-bed rooms (TVs and toilets in each), Wi-Fi, an indoor recreational area, an outdoor recreational area for possible strolls in fresh air (under supervision).
Depending on the study, standardized meals are served in a dedicated location at the clinic
or at the cafeteria, always monitored by medical personnel.
Below are selected technical aspects of the site which help enhance quality, safety and standardisation during clinical studies:
- a synchronized clock system
- alarm bells in each room and toilet
- windows with locks
- limited access to the clinic – an individually coded card system
- centralized, computer-controlled back-up energy generator
- centralized, computer-controlled monitoring and alarm system
- centralized fire suppression system