- Expertise BioVirtus can execute large long-confinement studies with up to 45 subjects.
- Effectiveness Thanks to a large database of subjects BioVirtus guarantees swift and effective recruitment, screening and enrolment.
- Easiness We have the ability to quickly enrol patients with various diseases.
Why choose us
Clinical activities are performed by experienced and well-trained clinical research teams: investigators, nurses, laboratory technicians, and pharmacists, according to the BioVirtus SOPs and study protocol requirements.We constantly extend a scope of medical procedures that can be performed at the BioVirtus Research Site.
The following medical procedures can be performed:
- medical and medication history
- demographic interview
- physical examination
- weight, height measurement, calculating BMI
- vital signs
- ECG performance and ECG monitoring
- psychological tests
- allergy skin tests
- various methods of investigational product administration (oral, intravenous, subcutaneous, intramuscular, trans-dermal, inhaled, rectal)
- breath tests (alcohol, CO)
- blood sampling for PK in defined time points, medical analyses etc.
- urine collection for pregnancy, toxicology, nicotine tests, urinalysis, etc.
- 24-h urine collection for various analyses (e.g. biomarkers)
- skin biopsy
- bone marrow aspiration
- collection of other biological materials (e.g. saliva)
- monitoring, recording and reporting of AEs/SAEs
- 24-h professional medical supervision (doctor’s and nurse’s duty)
- procedures for emergency situations to assure the subjects’ safety
- other study specific procedures.
A standardized diet based on study-specific requirements is prepared for each clinical study.